With 3 upcoming job fairs this weekend, (and the Ridiculously Amazing JingJobs Job Fair Coming Up in May), if you’re still out of a job, then this article will save your bum. timberland pas cher Before checking out the information on the three job fairs at the end of the article, here’s what to do before, during and after job fairs.
Before the job fair:
- Do your homework Most job fairs will list out participating companies and job openings. nike air max femme pas cher Do your research on the company backgrounds and skill set that the job will require so you can be well prepped with the proper information and appropriate CV.
- Reach out to the company If you haven’t heard, linked-in is THE social network for professional relationships and opportunities. adidas ultra boost T to connect with the companies you are interested in on linked-in to get a better idea of the positions offered and other opportunities.
- Develop a personal pitch Hundreds of people will pass by each booth during job fairs, so prepare a short 60-90 second self-introduction to catch the HR’s attention and leave an impression.
- Be prepared Dress in comfortable and appropriate business attire, bring extra copies of your CV and draft a simple schedule for your day. Sometimes it’s even better to arrive 15 – 30 minutes before the Job Fair starts – most companies will have already set up and you may get some quality time with your target companies.
During the Job Fair:
- Be comfortable and confident. basket nike tn soldes It’s important to appear confident and leave an impression at job fairs. Take many breaks to ensure a clear head and if you’re really nervous, approach any company to warm up before you head over to your target company
- Build a connection Try to build a personal connection with the staff, whether it’s by sharing an interesting experience with your personal pitch, or finding alumni at the booth.
- Thank you e-mails. asics gel kinsei 6 Reach out to the contacts you connect with during the event. Relate to the conversation during the Job fair and express your appreciation for their time.