Battling Beijing Winter: Broccoli Soup Recipe
Beijing winter ain’t no joke. nike soldes If it’s not the icy wind or all the people in the subway sneezing straight into your face, it’s the sticky hand of the five-year old English student you’re high fiving. Come to think of it, in Beijing we can always use an immune system pick-me-up. This health boosting broccoli soup will do just that, all the while being as comforting as watching Youku from under a blanket. In return for minimal effort you get a full dose of nutrients, flavour and comforting creaminess. ugg soldes If more convincing is necessary, you should really just order in from Annie’s. Asics 2017 Recipe: Broccoli Soup This makes for a huge pot of soup, enough to store some in the freezer and share with your flatmates. Recipe slightly adapted from Nom Nom Paleo. *For the spice mixture you can just use whatever you have in your kitchen. adidas ace With the exception of MSG. – 2 tbsp coconut oil or whatever oil your using, try to avoid gutter oil – 1 large onion, roughly chopped – 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped – 4 leeks, cleaned and roughly chopped (if you don’t have any leeks, just cut up an extra onion) – 1 tbsp curry madras* – 1/4 apple, diced – 600 g broccoli (2?), including stems (just trim off the woody exterior), chopped – 1 L stock, chicken or vegetable stock, bone broth, whatever floats your boat – salt & pepper – 250 ml / 1 cup coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a big pot on low-medium heat and add the onion, garlic and leeks. Sauté until soft, for about five minutes, stir every now and then to make sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the curry powder and stir for another minute.
- Add the broccoli, apple and stock. Top off with extra water if the veggies aren’t fully submerged.
- Turn up the heat and bring the soup to a boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes until the veggies are soft.
- Turn off the heat and leave the soup to cool a bit.
- Get your (immersion) blender and puree the vegetables into a smooth, green soup.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the coconut milk and mix again.
- Put it back on the heat if you want to eat it right then and there, or put it in containers to store it in the fridge for the next time you are in extra need of a vitamin bomb to conquer those Beijing germs.
- Enjoy! Marte is the founder of Finger Licking Fit, an online platform promoting a healthy lifestyle, focusing on nutrition as much as on flavour, and avoiding restrictions or health fads. adidas superstar aliexpress FLF features recipes, meal prep tips and tricks, details on where to buy ingredients in Beijing, interviews with Beijing’s health warriors, and more.
Sanya 三亚 If you’re tired of the cold and looking for short break somewhere warm, …